20.8.07

About This Blog

If you can shape it in your mind, you will find it in your life.
- Chinese fortune cookie

This blog is more than a blog, it’s a real book being written in real time. It’s a book I’ve been writing in my head for years as I lived it. I am setting down the story now as I continue to live it. I’ve written and published several paper-and-ink books, but I’ve never done one like this before. I’m making up the rules and learning as I go along.

I hope this will be an Interactive Book. Perhaps, as you read this, you will want to share with me your thoughts and insights. Since the events described here are relatively recent and they and the characters are based in reality, I especially hope to hear from those of you who may have been there at the time, or who knew the people I am writing about.

The New York Times Book Review often publishes little tombstones called Author’s Queries, that go something like this:

Author seeking information, documents or photos relating to the life of What’s-his-name during his childhood years, for biography. Please contact so-and-so.

So I am posting a sort of Author’s Query here because there are still a lot of missing pieces to this story. The chapters I’ve written so far are not carved in stone; they may be revised as new material comes along.

I am going to shine a light into some dark and hidden places. I do so with the knowledge that I may disturb a nest of resting vipers. Justice Louis Brandeis said, “Sunlight is the best disinfectant.” The Bible says, “The truth shall set you free.” Mine is a tale that needs to be told. I do what I must do.

This story will have an end, as all things do, but I don’t know what it will be as I write this now. I hope you will decide to join me on this real-life journey to that unknown end.

How to reach me:

blog response
email xana@hoveyhouse.com
fax 978 281-7745
phone 978 281-7732

No comments: